Cherry Cordial Cookies Recipe
One of my dad’s favorite candies is chocolate-covered cherry cordials. I decided to re-create the flavor in these cookies. They were a hit with my taste testers! For extra ease, you could prepare the dough ahead and freeze up to 3 months. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1. Place the cookie mix, cherries, butter and egg in a large bowl; beat until well mixed. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, place cherry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. If necessary, microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals until chips are melted; stir until blended.
- 3. Using the back of a tablespoon, make an indentation in the center of each warm cookie. Fill indentations with cherry mixture. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Microwave white baking chips until melted. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC