Cherry Cordial Cake Balls Recipe
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, well drained
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 4 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the brandy, preserves and remaining coffee.
- 4. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and cherry mixture; beat well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 5. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container overnight before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cake ball equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cordial Cake Balls
"I made these for my Christmas cookie tray, but my husband couldn't stop eating them"
"These are awsome. I will make again and change up the flavors."
"I THOUGHT THAT THIS RECIPIE WAS GREAT WOULD LOVE TO MAKE TONS MORE TIMES."