Cherry Cordial Cake Balls Recipe
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, well drained
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 4 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the brandy, preserves and remaining coffee.
- 4. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and cherry mixture; beat well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 5. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container overnight before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cake ball: 200 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cordial Cake Balls
"I made these for my Christmas cookie tray, but my husband couldn't stop eating them"
"These are awsome. I will make again and change up the flavors."
"I THOUGHT THAT THIS RECIPIE WAS GREAT WOULD LOVE TO MAKE TONS MORE TIMES."