Brandy and coffee add mild flavor to these scrumptious cherry cake balls. —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, well drained
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 4 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the brandy, preserves and remaining coffee.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and cherry mixture; beat well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container overnight before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Cordial Cake Balls in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p51
Reviews for Cherry Cordial Cake Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2015
"I made these for my Christmas cookie tray, but my husband couldn't stop eating them"
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"These are awsome. I will make again and change up the flavors."
Reviewed May. 2, 2011
"I THOUGHT THAT THIS RECIPIE WAS GREAT WOULD LOVE TO MAKE TONS MORE TIMES."