Studded with red cherries and nuts, these delicious cookies are worthy of setting out on a plate for Santa himself.Jean Davis, Bryson City, North Carolina
72 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be thick).
- Stir in pecans and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until set and lightly
- browned. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.