- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended;
- add to flour mixture, whisking constantly. Pour into prepared pans,
- dividing batter evenly. (Marshmallows will float to the top.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove
- paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar
- until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme and juice concentrate on low
- speed just until blended.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 1 cup
- frosting. Top with remaining cake layer; spread with remaining
- frosting. Decorate with cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: To frost sides as well as top of cake, double amounts for frosting.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 587 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.