Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Gently spoon pie filling over top.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Coffee Cake(4)
Sort By :
It's a favorite. The yeast with the cake mix just makes all the difference.
I've made this coffee cake a # of times and I LOVE this recipe! Today I decided to experiment & I prepared the batter and used two greased and floured 9" layer pans (foil pans). I used one can jellied cranberry sauce, 1/4 cup ground navel orange and about 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries for the filling. I prepared the crumb topping, evenly divided the batter, filling and crumb topping and baked for 45 to 50 minutes. I thought that this could be an alternative to making one large cake! Dawn E. Lowenstein
I followed the recipe to a "t", and it smelled heavenly. After it sat a few hours the topping turned to "goo" .... and was too sweet to be enjoyable. We had to toss out 2/3 of the cake the next day as it was just not "enticing" enough to eat.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cherry Coffee Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >