Cherry Coconut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup quartered maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts, cherries and coconut. Spread over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 94 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Coconut Bars
"These come out great and have a great taste too. I have been wanting to try this, since it has been a long time since I had these. And they are really as good as I remember. I let them set for awhile before cutting, and they came out perfect. Yummy."
"I think these cherry coconut bars were easy to make and tasted good & chewy, I baked them the full 25 min. The only problem I had was the bottom crumbled a little. How could I firm up the bottom?"
"Good Good Good"