Cherry Cocoa Shortbread Squares Recipe
Whenever there is a potluck at work or a family gathering, I'm asked to bring these delectable bars. I found the recipe years ago and have made it countless times since. -Bettie Martin, Oneida, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar. Beat in flour and cocoa (mixture will be crumbly). Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until surface is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining butter; beat in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Pat cherries dry with a paper towel; arrange over frosting and press down gently.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cherries. Refrigerate until glaze has hardened. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cocoa Shortbread Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC