Cherry Cobbler Bars Recipe
Craving an oven-fresh fruit cobbler? This cheery twist on the classic treat is old-fashioned comfort food at its finest. The cherries peeking out of the topping make it a pretty addition to a holiday spread. Feel free to use any flavor pie filling to suit your taste. —Mary Boge, Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread 3 cups batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread pie filling over batter. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over top.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 231 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC