Cherry Cobbler Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread 3 cups batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread pie filling over batter. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over top.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 231 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cherry Cobbler Bars
"I am these they turned out good but, the next morning they were all sticky and falling apart. How do you store these. I wanted to make them again to take to a cookout but don't wssnt them to be all mushy."
"i cheated big time... I used 2 bagged cobbler mixes and well I think it turned out better by using the cobbler mix - next time I will use a already made crust for top and bottom! the recipe here was good... but just too doughy and wouldn't get dcooked on the bottom... I done everything for this recipe says... just wouldn't get cooked on bottom!"
"Question ??? Why couldn't you use crossiant dough , just smooth out , where you take it apart. It would be a tender & flaky crust..It would probably take 2 cans,for that size baking pan..I think I just might try it this way."
"made for a church bible study. Everyone liked the taste of the cobbler. Will make again."
"Not what I expected. Followed all directions carefully and baked as directed but the bottom batter is soggy, as if it did not bake. I have never made a cobbler before-is this how it should be?"
"My family loved these!!!!!!! LOVE"
"Added this recipe to my RB just today! Created a separate folder for it entitled Cobbler Bars. This also would be wonderful using raspberry pie filling. Mmmmmm."
"Other than a couple of very, very minor differences, this is the recipe that's been in my family for years. It's a favorite of family, a favorite of visiting salesmen or pastors, and always a hit with a construction crew for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon treat. Definitely a bar that pleases everyone!"