Cherry Cobbler Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread 3 cups batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread pie filling over batter. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over top.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 231 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cobbler Bars
"I am these they turned out good but, the next morning they were all sticky and falling apart. How do you store these. I wanted to make them again to take to a cookout but don't wssnt them to be all mushy."
"i cheated big time... I used 2 bagged cobbler mixes and well I think it turned out better by using the cobbler mix - next time I will use a already made crust for top and bottom! the recipe here was good... but just too doughy and wouldn't get dcooked on the bottom... I done everything for this recipe says... just wouldn't get cooked on bottom!"
"Question ??? Why couldn't you use crossiant dough , just smooth out , where you take it apart. It would be a tender & flaky crust..It would probably take 2 cans,for that size baking pan..I think I just might try it this way."
"made for a church bible study. Everyone liked the taste of the cobbler. Will make again."
"Not what I expected. Followed all directions carefully and baked as directed but the bottom batter is soggy, as if it did not bake. I have never made a cobbler before-is this how it should be?"
"My family loved these!!!!!!! LOVE"
"Added this recipe to my RB just today! Created a separate folder for it entitled Cobbler Bars. This also would be wonderful using raspberry pie filling. Mmmmmm."
"Other than a couple of very, very minor differences, this is the recipe that's been in my family for years. It's a favorite of family, a favorite of visiting salesmen or pastors, and always a hit with a construction crew for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon treat. Definitely a bar that pleases everyone!"