Cherry Cinnamon Dessert Ring Recipe
When I received a 20-lb. box of cherries as a gift one time, I decided to experiment with them—and this turned out to be the successful outcome! I enter the Domestic Science Division of our annual Fall Fair each year. At a recent one, three recipes I'd found in Country Woman netted me ribbons.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cherries with 3 cups of water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in extract. Set aside. Place remaining water in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Heat until dissolved. Stir into cherry mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally to distribute cherries evenly. Spoon into a 5-1/2-cup ring mold. Refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours. Turn onto a serving platter. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cinnamon Dessert Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC