- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a saucepan, combine cherries with 3 cups of water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in extract. Set aside. Place remaining water in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Heat until dissolved. Stir into cherry mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally to distribute cherries evenly. Spoon into a 5-1/2-cup ring mold. Refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours. Turn onto a serving platter. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cinnamon Dessert Ring in Country Woman March/April 1992, p31
Reviews for Cherry Cinnamon Dessert Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review