Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. In a saucepan, combine sugar, candies and cornstarch. Stir in water and juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in cherries. Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and nuts. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add egg and milk; mix until dry ingredients are moistened (add a few drops more milk if necessary).
- 3. Roll out dough; brush with butter. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over dough. Roll up; cut into 16 slices. Lay slices over cherry filling. Bake at 400° for 35-30 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler
"I made this recipe over 55 years ago. I found the recipe in a book that myMom had pasted recipes she cut out of magazines. I was my first time I made a recipe that I chose the recipe and made myself. It is very good."