- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 6 orange slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider and juices. Place the cloves, allspice, cinnamon stick and orange peel on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil). Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Serve cider warm in mugs; garnish with cherries and orange slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cider in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p27
Reviews for Cherry Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review