Cherry Christmas Slices
Brilliant red and green candied cherries add extra sparkle to these delicious holiday delights from Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota. "What I really like best," Katie explains, "is that this recipe's easy to mix up ahead of time. In fact, I've often made the dough in November and kept it in the freezer until I needed it in December!"
66 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red and green candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat
- until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into three 10-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap and place
- in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months or until ready to bake. To
- bake, cut frozen rolls into 1/8-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes
- or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about
- 11 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.