Brilliant red and green candied cherries add extra sparkle to these delicious holiday delights. What I really like best is that this recipe's easy to mix up ahead of time. In fact, I've often made the dough in November and kept it in the freezer until I needed it in December! —Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red and green candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into three 10-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months or until ready to bake. To bake, cut frozen rolls into 1/8-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Christmas Slices in Country Woman November/December 1995, p38
Reviews for Cherry Christmas Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review