Cherry Christmas Slices Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red and green candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into three 10-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months or until ready to bake. To bake, cut frozen rolls into 1/8-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Christmas Slices
Sort By :
"Made these cookies today and used walnuts vs pecans and they were OK. Didn't make 9 dozen but did make at least 6 doz. I do believe I cut them a bit thicker than 1/8 inch to be fair. Super simple to make and not time consuming at all. Make sure you have the full 2 cups of cherries as I did not and some of the cookies had no cherries in them. Just ok, not sweet enough for my liking kinda bland."
"thank you!!!! my family love them, but....the recipe is for about 11 dozen ? was less for me what I did wrong?"
"next time I make these cookies I will omit the pecans... I don't think they added anything to the cookie."
"I HAVE BEEN MAKING THESE COOKIES FOR YEARS, AND I ALWAYS GET GREAT REVIEWS. THEY ARE SO EASY, AND BRING A REAL HOLIDAY TREAT TO ANY COOKIE TRAY. PLEASE TRY, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. I ALSO GIVE THEM FROZEN, WITH THE BAKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FRIENDS THAT ENJOY TREATS.. YOU CAN MAKE THEM FOR VALENTINES, AND USE ONLY RED CHERRIES, AND FOR ST. PATTY'S DAY AND USE ONLY GREEN CHERRIES. ENJOY, AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.MARIE B, WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA"