Cherry-Chocolate Pudgy Pie
Here’s an ooey-gooey treat from our test kitchen that’s just right for campfires and sing-a-longs. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Spread with pie
- filling; sprinkle with almonds, chocolate chunks and sugar. Top with
- remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until golden
- brown, turning occasionally. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 308 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.