Cherry Chocolate Pie
“We have a large family and they like trying all the cakes and pies I make. This wonderful pie is one of their favorites, so I make it about six times a year.” Bonnie Phillips - Cedar Hill, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 piece (3 ounces) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely.
- Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into
- prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe uses half of a 6-ounce milk chocolate candy bar.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 416 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.