- 3/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brandy or cherry juice blend
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toss cherries with brandy; let stand, covered, 1 hour.
- For crust, mix flour, sugar and salt. Whisk together oil and milk; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- For filling, drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon brandy. Beat butter, sugar and salt until blended; gradually beat in eggs and reserved brandy. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans, chocolate and cherries; pour into crust.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Pecan Pie
"I was VERY skeptical when a customer asked me to bake this for a birthday party, but it turned out wonderfully.@viennarose7, the photo does not show a double crust, the top of the pie just browns and crusts over to look like one. Here's a photo sans whipped cream that's a much better depiction:https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14711229_10153792305892890_7133929771929580607_o.jpg."
"Haven't tried, but photo shows double crust and recipe does not, I would not use a double crust, please correct or verify. thanks."