- brandy; set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in eggs and reserved brandy. Combine flour and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the pecans,
- chocolate and cherries; pour into prepared pastry.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover edges
- with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note:For chocolate whipped cream, beat 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup and beat until stiff peaks form.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 612 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.