Cherry Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brandy or cherry juice blend
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Toss cherries with brandy; let stand, covered, 1 hour.
- 2. For crust, mix flour, sugar and salt. Whisk together oil and milk; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 3. For filling, drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon brandy. Beat butter, sugar and salt until blended; gradually beat in eggs and reserved brandy. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans, chocolate and cherries; pour into crust.
- 4. Bake until top is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 612 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Pecan Pie
"Haven't tried, but photo shows double crust and recipe does not, I would not use a double crust, please correct or verify. thanks."