Cherry Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 8 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Transfer 1/2 cup to another bowl; stir in sour cream and extract. Divide among four parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 35 minutes. Stir soda into the remaining gelatin; cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. To assemble, sprinkle half of the cookies over cherry layer. Top with soda mixture and remaining cookies. Refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, dollop with whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 146 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Parfaits
"I didn't make parfaits, I made it in a chocolate pie crust. It was really good"
"This was just OK. It sounded better than what it was. It was also too expensive and too time consuming to make again based on the result. The picture is not accurate either."
"I was disappointed. It was no big deal. Sounded better than it actually was."
"I was very happy with it always looking for a recipe with low fats & sugars."
"Good tasting low-fat dessert! Bottom layer needed to be sweeter though. Since I didn't have any, I omitted the cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies. Still great tasting! Easy to make!"
"I was excited to try this recipe but found it to be just o.k. My family found it to be not very flavorful, and the bottom not very sweet. A lot of work for a mediocre dessert."
"OH MY GOSH IT LOOKS SO GOOD!"