Cherry Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
This refreshing layered dessert from Light & Tasty's Test Kitchen really looks-and tastes-special! Families will go for this budget blend of chocolate cookies, cherry gelatin and creamy topping.
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 8 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Transfer 1/2 cup to another bowl; stir in sour cream and extract. Divide among four parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 35 minutes. Stir soda into the remaining gelatin; cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. To assemble, sprinkle half of the cookies over cherry layer. Top with soda mixture and remaining cookies. Refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, dollop with whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 parfait equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC