This refreshing layered dessert from Light & Tasty's Test Kitchen really looks-and tastes-special! Families will go for this budget blend of chocolate cookies, cherry gelatin and creamy topping.
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 8 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Transfer 1/2 cup to another bowl; stir in sour cream and extract. Divide among four parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 35 minutes. Stir soda into the remaining gelatin; cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- To assemble, sprinkle half of the cookies over cherry layer. Top with soda mixture and remaining cookies. Refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, dollop with whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Parfaits in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p19
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review