- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"This is a great twist on the oatmeal cookie. The text was perfectly crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. I added extra cherries rather than leave a few in the bag. They were a big hit with my co-workers."
"I made a batch of these this morning and was quite impressed. I made a couple of changes, nothing drastic. One, I used dried cranberries as I had a ton of them to use up. Two, I used semi sweet chocolate chips and Three, I used the Splenda brown sugar blend as I am diabetic. I enjoyed the taste and the cookies came out great. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet and they neither stuck nor spread out. Half of my dough is in the freezer for a later date. Delicious treat."
"Very good recipe hubby loved them will make again."
"Really enjoyed these. Used 1/2 tsp each of vanilla extract and almond extract , instead of just vanilla. Almond and cherries seems to be a winning combination."
"My husband is from Michigan, so loved the addition of dried cherries from his native state to chocolate chip cookies. A winning combination!"