Cherry-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
My kids love making these home-style cookies. They're so wonderful when warm. —Jaye Beeler, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cherries and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC