- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Nut Cookies
"Very tasty. They bake up nicely."
"Just have to say that I am starting my Christmas baking today and this is the first batch I am doing. These cookies taste amazing and are super simple. They are always one of the first kinds of cookies to be gone!"
"These cookies are truly delicious. I will definitely be making them again."
"very good cookie , everyone loved them"
"After the first batch, I had to make three more! Excellent!"
"We found these cookies to be okay, but not great."
"just made & took the 1st batch out of the oven. i had to try one right away & was not disappointed. these are very good, soft, flavorful cookies and will make a nice addition to the other cookes i am making for Christmas. i used mini choc chips instead of the regular sized ones & they are just the right amount of chocolate. will definitely keep this recipe."
"made these cookies this weekend. tasted great. made about 4 dozen."
"I made these cookies a couple of days ago and they are delicious. They will definitely be a new favorite. The recipe states it makes 5 dozen. However, they would have to be tiny to make that many. I made what I call normal size and it made 2 dozen. Also, make sure the maraschino cherries are well drained."
"Very good, soft cookie. Does not make 5 dozen, more like 3."