Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cherry juice, water and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Divide batter in half. To one portion, add cherries and walnuts; mix well. To the second portion, add chocolate; mix well. Spoon half of the cherry mixture into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cover with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners; sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 572 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake
"This cake was delicious with a beautiful presentation. I served it with a spoonful of whipped cream."
"Wonderful, moist cake. Everyone keeps talking about how delicious it was. A definate keeper!!"
"The chocolate overpowered the cherry flavor a little more than I would have liked, but overall a good cake!"