- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cherry juice, water and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter in half. To one portion, add cherries and walnuts; mix well. To the second portion, add chocolate; mix well. Spoon half of the cherry mixture into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cover with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners; sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake in Country Extra July 1998, p49
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2016
"This cake was delicious with a beautiful presentation. I served it with a spoonful of whipped cream."
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2015
"Wonderful, moist cake. Everyone keeps talking about how delicious it was. A definate keeper!!"