- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cherry juice, water and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter in half. To one portion, add cherries and walnuts; mix well. To the second portion, add chocolate; mix well. Spoon half of the cherry mixture into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cover with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners; sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake in Country Extra July 1998, p49
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Marble Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2010
"The chocolate overpowered the cherry flavor a little more than I would have liked, but overall a good cake!"