Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
“You may want to make two of these easy ice cream pies-one to serve and the other to store in the freezer for company. The combination of chocolate and cherries is irresistible.” —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Hot fudge ice cream topping and maraschino cherries, optional
- Place dried cherries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let
- stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and cherries.
- Spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Slice; drizzle each piece with fudge topping and garnish with a
- maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without fudge topping and maraschino cherries) equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now