“You may want to make two of these easy ice cream pies-one to serve and the other to store in the freezer for company. The combination of chocolate and cherries is irresistible.” —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Hot fudge ice cream topping and maraschino cherries, optional
- Place dried cherries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and cherries. Spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Slice; drizzle each piece with fudge topping and garnish with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Pie in Country Woman February/March 2009, p26
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
"1 Word 5 letters!! GREAT!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
"YUM! This is delicious and easy. Try it - you will love it."