Cherry Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh Rainier cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 pint fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 to 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips at 70% power. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in melted chips and cream. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- 4. Arrange the cherries, kiwi, blueberries and pineapple over filling. Brush with pineapple juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 673 calories, 41g fat (25g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Fruit Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.