Cherry Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh Rainier cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 pint fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 to 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips at 70% power. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in melted chips and cream. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- 4. Arrange the cherries, kiwi, blueberries and pineapple over filling. Brush with pineapple juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 673 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Fruit Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.