Cherry Chocolate Floats
Old-time ice cream parlors may be gone, but this fabulous float will bring back as many memories as it does raves! Plus, these cool treats are such fun to make, the whole family will want to help. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Chocolate syrup
- 14 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 7 maraschino cherries
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in carbonated water and cherry
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in each of seven chilled glasses. Place two
- scoops of ice cream in each glass. Pour carbonated water mixture
- over ice cream; top each with whipped cream and a cherry. Serve
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without chocolate syrup and whipped cream) equals 240 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.