Cherry Chocolate Floats Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Chocolate syrup
- 14 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 7 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in carbonated water and cherry juice.
- 2. Drizzle chocolate syrup in each of seven chilled glasses. Place two scoops of ice cream in each glass. Pour carbonated water mixture over ice cream; top each with whipped cream and a cherry. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (calculated without chocolate syrup and whipped cream) equals 240 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.