- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Chocolate syrup
- 14 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 7 maraschino cherries
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in carbonated water and cherry juice.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in each of seven chilled glasses. Place two scoops of ice cream in each glass. Pour carbonated water mixture over ice cream; top each with whipped cream and a cherry. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Floats
"I only made it for the two of us but it was scrumptious after a very long, hot day of running errands, shopping, chasing little kids and providing a speedy supper. Sent a copy of the recipe home for their mom and dad to make, along with the fixings. Didn't have time to make these before they left. Not only do we really like them, but DD and her loved ones enjoyed them too. This recipe is a keeper - Big Time!"