Cherry Chocolate Dessert Recipe
For dessert, I put together a parfait that stacks up as a fuss-free favorite. Cherry yogurt, chocolate syrup and whipped topping blend into a yummy fluff. It's lovely with the alternating layers of fruit.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cherry yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or bananas
- Mint sprigs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and chocolate syrup; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 12 strawberry slices.
- 2. In six dessert dishes, place half of the remaining fruit; top with half of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved strawberries and mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 227 calories, 7 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC