For dessert, I put together a parfait that stacks up as a fuss-free favorite. Cherry yogurt, chocolate syrup and whipped topping blend into a yummy fluff. It's lovely with the alternating layers of fruit.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cherry yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or bananas
- Mint sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and chocolate syrup; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 12 strawberry slices.
- In six dessert dishes, place half of the remaining fruit; top with half of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved strawberries and mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Dessert in Country Woman November/December 2003, p39
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2008
"it looks so good I can't wait till I can taste it. It is very mouth watering in the picture."