Cherry Chocolate Cups Recipe
Michelle Smith of Sykesville, Maryland writes, "These outstanding treats taste like you spend hours working on them."
- 2-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2-1/2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Brush evenly on the inside of 12 paper or foil miniature muffin cup liners. Repeat with white baking chocolate and remaining shortening. chill until firm, about 25 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cherries, water and extract; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, food coloring, lemon peel and 2 tablespoons reserved cherry liquid; beat on medium-low speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Fold in cherries.
- 4. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a tip. Fill with cherry mixture. Pipe into chocolate cups. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Carefully remove from liners. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC