Cherry Chocolate Crepes
Cherries and chocolate just naturally taste great together, but the combination is even better when enhanced by tender crepes and a creamy filling. Mary Relyea - Canastota, New York
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, warmed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until
- smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread about 3
- tablespoons over each crepe to within 1/2 in. of edges and roll up.
- Arrange in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until warm. To serve, top each crepe
- with 1/4 cup pie filling and drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons chocolate
- syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled crepe equals 256 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.