- sheets. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed, very firm and golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks. Split puffs open. Pull out and discard
- soft dough from inside tops and bottoms. Cool puffs completely on a
- wire rack.
- Let whipped topping stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile,
- in a small saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to low;
- stir in chocolate until melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to
- room temperature, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Fold in
- whipped topping.
- Just before serving, fill each cream puff with a heaping
- tablespoonful of cherries; top with chocolate filling. Replace tops.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 cream puff equals 347 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.