Cherry Chocolate Cookies Recipe
No one can resis the chewy texture of these fudgy cookies. I always double the recipe because they disappear quickly around our house. —Kim Williams, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 303 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC