- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p83
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2015
"A great recipe! The only substitution I made was utilize the dried cherries i had on hand in place of the maraschino cherries listed and incorporated it into the batter. A definate keeper!"