These rich, fudgy cookies from Trisha Kruse in Eagle, Idaho are chewy and studded with tangy dried cherries. “It’s a good thing the recipe makes only a small batch,” she laughs, “because we eat them all in one night!”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 10 cookies.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p47
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2011
"I make these cookies every year by demand they are my husbands FAVORITE!!"