These rich, fudgy cookies from Trisha Kruse in Eagle, Idaho are chewy and studded with tangy dried cherries. “It’s a good thing the recipe makes only a small batch,” she laughs, “because we eat them all in one night!”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 10 cookies.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p47
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review