Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
"I made these yummy muffins for my husband, who considers himself a muffin expert, and he polished off four of them in one sitting," Joanne Minke writes from St. Petersburg, Florida. "It's a good thing the recipe only makes six!"
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries and chocolate
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 321 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.