"I made these yummy muffins for my husband, who considers himself a muffin expert, and he polished off four of them in one sitting," Joanne Minke writes from St. Petersburg, Florida. "It's a good thing the recipe only makes six!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p31
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review