Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
We run a cherry orchard, so I'm always dreaming up new cherry recipes. These cookies are among of my family's favorites.—Pamela Alexander, Prosser, Washington
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, soak cherries in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries with liquid.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 cookies equals 286 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC