Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, soak cherries in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries with liquid.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies(4)
Sort By :
Chewy, Sweet, Tart, hearty, these are awesome!
My Sunday School group went wild over these!
My family loves these cookies. Can't get enough of them.
I made a double batch of these cookies for friends and family at Christmas. The cookies I did were HUGE, on purpose of course. Everyone loved them! I'll definitely make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >