Filled with chocolate chips, hazelnuts and maraschino cherries, this heavenly quick bread is a sweet way to end holiday meals. Your guests will love it as an alternative to traditional fruitcake.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Chip Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p41
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chip Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review