A delicious “dunker,” our Test Kitchen’s biscotti is chock-full of dried cherries and chocolate chips. Wrapped in colored cellophane and curly ribbons, it makes a lovely homemade holiday or hostess gift.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended; Beat in the eggs, egg whites, and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry-Chocolate Chip Biscotti in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p39
Reviews for Cherry-Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review