Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cake(25)
Sort By :
I baked this cake just as recipe read. It was wonderful and so easy. If you need a quick cake recipe try this one. It's really great.
I would not make this recipe as is. One box of cake mix plus 3 eggs, and 1 t. extract = a bowl of clay. You have to add water or something. So, after I had my bowl of clay, I added the 1 C of water the cake mix called for. After getting everything mixed up, I was then able to add the cherry pie filling. Baked 10-15 minutes longer than the box called for.
Not sure what I was supposed to use, but you definitely have to add more moisture to it than this calls for. I would make again the way I made it, but be prepared to be stumped as it is!
I have made this recipe many times. When serving I warm it up and put vanilla ice cream on it. YUUUUUM Every one loves it!
I too had this recipe many years ago, but made it for a friends birthday last week using a gluten free cake mix. She also cannot have nuts, so to be safe, I used peppermint extract instead of the almond. It was a huge success. I made another, as usual, but had used all my chocolate frosting ingredients on the birthday cake, so frosted ours with strawberry frosting and the cherries. I had to freeze some to keep my husband from eating it all.
I run a Bed & Breakfast & I make this often for my guests as a treat when they arrive! It is so moist that it doesn't need the extra cherries on top. I serve it just the way it comes out of the pan & it always gets rave reviews. I have also made it into heart shaped cupcakes for Valentines Day & used a small doily to stencil a small heart in the center of each one with icing sugar. It is also one of my families favorites for a special occasion cake. I have also made it with egg whites with good results. Try either all egg whites(6=3 eggs) or 1 egg & 4 egg whites. Changing out the eggs lowers the fat & cholesterol count
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >