Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this cake many, many times and always have requests for the recipe so I print them up ahead of time. One substitute that makes it even better is to add 8 ounces of Cola, Dr. Pepper, or Root Beer instead of water."
"I baked this cake just as recipe read. It was wonderful and so easy. If you need a quick cake recipe try this one. It's really great."
"I would not make this recipe as is. One box of cake mix plus 3 eggs, and 1 t. extract = a bowl of clay. You have to add water or something. So, after I had my bowl of clay, I added the 1 C of water the cake mix called for. After getting everything mixed up, I was then able to add the cherry pie filling. Baked 10-15 minutes longer than the box called for.Not sure what I was supposed to use, but you definitely have to add more moisture to it than this calls for. I would make again the way I made it, but be prepared to be stumped as it is!"
"I have made this recipe many times. When serving I warm it up and put vanilla ice cream on it. YUUUUUM Every one loves it!"
"I too had this recipe many years ago, but made it for a friends birthday last week using a gluten free cake mix. She also cannot have nuts, so to be safe, I used peppermint extract instead of the almond. It was a huge success. I made another, as usual, but had used all my chocolate frosting ingredients on the birthday cake, so frosted ours with strawberry frosting and the cherries. I had to freeze some to keep my husband from eating it all."