Cherry Chocolate Cake
"I've had the recipe for this cake for years--it's a chocolate lover's delight!" writes Ann Purchase of Panama City, Florida. "It's so easy to make...and is perfect for cupcakes and bake sale treats, too. I get many requests for the recipe."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until
- well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer
- to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust
- with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining
- pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.