Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
"I've had the recipe for this cake for years--it's a chocolate lover's delight!" writes Ann Purchase of Panama City, Florida. "It's so easy to make...and is perfect for cupcakes and bake sale treats, too. I get many requests for the recipe."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
One piece equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC